A little history :
· The men of the Neolithic period have lived in the land around the village of Chailly and have left some of their weapons and their tools : polished axes and especially tip darts.
· The locality "The Fort" recalls the castle of the Lords of Chailly southeast of the village.
· In 1202, Geoffrey de Chailly is one of the knights who held of Philip Augustus to the bailiff of Lorris ; This manor was probably divided into two parts , since the stories France also mention a widow lady named Odierne Chailly .
· In 1439, Geoffrey de Chailly asked the Duke of Orleans to help him rebuild his castle Chailly, burned and demolished by the British.
· In 1790, the town had 510 inhabitants, the maximum is seen in 1872 with 632 residents. In the eighteenth century, Chailly was the diocese of Sens, stewardship of Orleans, the election of Montargis. The Archbishop of Sens had the right to appoint the priest. Policeman Lord of the country was the Baron de Chailly.