La Cour Marigny

A little history :

  • La Cour-Marigny area was part of the monks of St -Benoît-sur-Loire, as confirmed by a certificate of Charles the Bald 855 and a second Charles the Simple in 900. In 883, the monks of St. Benedict to escape the incursions of the Normans who came up the Loire, take refuge in this place.
  • During the Hundred Years War, La Cour-Marigny had to undergo extensive destruction by the army of Robin Knowles, former German weaver in the service of England. In the tenth century, a Lord of Châtillon-sur-Loing, which destroy the country with his soldiers tried to seize the Cour-Marigny ; but he was killed by an arrow when he attacked the people prepared to defend themselves.
  • In 1358, the British army band began the village ablaze and it is likely that for sixty years, this town has almost disappeared. Religious records no longer mentioning any act during this period. Later, Charles VII gives people the right of citizenship and exemption from tolls on bridges in St -Denis-les-Jargeau Orleans, Beaugency, Blois, Nemours, Montereau, Melun and supply salt on sale that s' made it to Lorris, subject to mow, fade and bring in the hay in the barn king of his castle Lorris.


The village church was built in the early twelfth century by the Lords of Marigny. This date is confirmed by an act of installation of the first pastor of the Cour-Marigny.

We notice some fragments of a medieval fresco on the wall of the apse and two wooden polychrome statues interesting (The Virgin and Child for example).

It was rebuilt in 1525 under the patronage of Saint Louis and Saint Marc. It is 23 m long and 7 m wide and can hold 250 people. The cemetery is 200 meters from the church.

Before the revolution, the church had three bells in 1793 we commandeered the largest and the smallest. The remaining dates back to 1765 and weighed 1,004 pounds. It was broken in 1846 and consolidated in 1849 under the name "Pauline" with a weight of 499 pounds.

Parish !

This parish, independent in origin, was annexed to the church Oussoy until 1521. At that time, a bubble of the Holy See and a decree of the Archbishop of Sens returned his title parish. There was in this parish a Maladrerie under the name of St. Anthony, which was held in 1698 at the Hôtel-Dieu de Châtillon sur Loing which deprived the inhabitants of the Cour-Marigny relief with which they were earmarked. In 1790, the town had 672 inhabitants. The last priest of La Cour-Marigny left in 1893 and was called Hippolyte Garnier.


 

Walking

·      2 small hiking circuits exist on La-Cour-Marigny.

·      Discover our township and its countryside.

·      The cover of hikes is on sale at the reception of the Office of Tourism Lorris office.

·      For more information, you can also contact :

COMITE DEPARTEMENTAL DU LOIRET
8 rue Escures, 45000 ORLEANS
Phone: 02 38 78 04 04 - Fax: 02 38 77 04 12

Hiking cyclotouristic

·      4 hiking trails exist in the Canton of Lorris.

·      The forms can be collected from the Tourist Office of Lorris

Hiking Equestrian

·      For those who love horse riding and nature, several possible routes will give you access to the Canton of Lorris in the vast forest of Orleans (massif de Lorris), area ponds and channel Orleans.

·      The Orléans Forest - Massif de Lorris route

·      From Ouzouer-sur-Loire to Lorris (2 days) 
The third largest massif in the Orléans forest is a region closely associated with the history of the Resistance. It is also known as the home of the osprey, the “fish eagle”. For more information :

COMITE DEPARTEMENTAL DE TOURISME EQUESTRE
Tel. 02.38.84.67.60 or 06 10 28 22 60
Email: cdte45@laposte.net