A little history :
• In 1790, Vieilles-Maisons had 345 inhabitants.
In 1869 there were 640 inhabitants.
Until 1911, the population of Vieilles-Maisons has always been more than 500 people, peaking in 1876 with 670 residents.
• The parish of Vieilles-Maisons-sur-Joudry is attached to Lorris after 1961.
• In 1984, the tennis court was built, the bridge of weir Grignon is repaired.
• In 1180, the town was called Vetulis-Mansionibus. Following the decision of the Municipal Council dated 8 June 1918 and a letter from Mr Sub-Prefect of Montargis name supplement should be given to communities that bear the same name so that any confusion is impossible. The Municipal Council consulted believes complete name Vieilles-Maisons by "sur Joudry" to avoid wrong direction correspondence.
Vieilles-Maisons also has a castle (de la Mothe-Joudry), the mention of the oldest date from 1643 or 1645.
Vieilles-Maisons has a skatepark and a garden for children, where the youth of the village but also the township are fun.