A little history :
· In this heavily forested area, there is no reason to believe that the activity has started outside of town. If Thimory heavily paid tribute to the Hundred Years War (220 inhabitants in 1437) is more general conditions (plagues, famines) to localized destruction it should.
· Shipments Knolles La Cour-Marigny in 1358, Henry of Lancaster in 1421, of Surienne on Chailly and Montereau, 15 years later, borrow more than the valleys Limetin.
· A small town existing in the ninth century was abandoned, perhaps because of the incursion of the Normans on St Benoît in 883. The village reconstructed around 1050 around the Motte-des-Bruyeres and for two centuries he brought this name. Then Gilon de la Chapelle, a high dignitary of the kingdom, received the chapter of Sens Cathedral permission to build a chapel on his land in 1240 to the " Granges " and dependent Bruyeres. The chapel remains the basic structure of the present village church that erected around it.
· From Castle Bruyère, remains today a square tower. Other strongholds on the town: Motte-de- Gratteloup (the loft of Grattes-Loups was an appointment hunting at the time, there are more remnants thereof) Ouchamps whose castle was remodeled in 1890. There are still a few years he left the castle moat Grandchamp.
An invalid white wine ...
In 1900 again, Thimory was known for his good white wines. Orchards of the village have indeed replaced the vines still remember the Court of presses. This court was inhabited at least since 1475, the Pressouer family who took the name she then transmitted to the place that was in the thirteenth century, the banal press, which dates the white wine. Born in water as Pêcherie, Thimory was soon in the margin of his hopes stream without turning to the vine, but this was also an area without hope.
In the Middle Ages, Thimory peaked population. 680 inhabitants in 1340 in the eighteenth century, this parish had 400 inhabitants. In 1793, there were 414 inhabitants Thimory. In 1869, there were 548 inhabitants in the village and 29 hamlets. Most are 4 km away. Neighboring parishes Chevillon, Oussoy, Noyers, Chailly, Lombreuil, Presnoy, La Cour-Marigny.