Montereau

A little history :

On September 25, 855, Charles le Chauve recognizes that act Montereau belongs to Saint-Benoît.
We have no evidence that it has changed since patronage, so this is a St. Peter Church, Roman style.
It is 32 m long by 17 wide and can hold 800 people.
The nave is one of the XIIth century, a Latin cross, right bedside, no collateral, steeple structure on the gable of the nave.
The portal consists of two semicircular archivolts decorated desultory and prisms based on molded pillars.
Found in this church an engraved stone sealed in the side wall, between two crests half- erased, depicting a woman praying with two greyhounds at his feet.
This is the tombstone of a lady who lived in Gindreville 1298 Courpalet. On another wall, a list of priests serving the parish.

Captions

The Castle of Courpalette who in the eighteenth century was in all its glory belonged to Saint Louis gave to the Prior of the Convent of Lorris. Formerly a considerable market grains stood at the crossroads called Croix-au-Beurre, 2 km from the town, on the old road to Montereau from Moulinet.
This place reminds of ancient memories : that is , it is said that witches gathered around midnight , to deliberate on their evil business.
The absence of a clear history of Montereau did, as in other villages cling to the past Montereau legends.
And " Montereau-Les-Sauteux" they said Montériau-Les-Sauteux even better..
Designation, even in the early acts, does not derive Montereau a qualifying form in the genre of "Land of the Monastery ", ie the Abbey which it depends.
It is the small Monastery monasteriolum the little convent, diminutive as the common name in the 630-800 period use.
By 1830, people were still Montereau remembrance of four ancient castles on their common : Castles La Motte, of Courpalet, the Etang Rouge and Chaine.
What is striking about these being weak and hesitant water, the number of mills, and for a small population as Montereau which took until 1094 inhabitants in 1880, his record, often no more than 600 inhabitants and in the Middle Ages did not exceed 930 inhabitants (1340) ; Briefly, 10 water mills, one for 80 inhabitants.


The Church

On September 25, 855, Charles le Chauve recognizes that act Montereau belongs to Saint-Benoit. We have no evidence that it has changed since patronage, so this is a St. Peter Church, Roman style.

It is 32 m long by 17 wide and can hold 800 people.

The nave is only the twelfth century, a Latin cross, right bedside, no collateral, steeple structure on the gable of the nave. The portal consists of two semicircular archivolts decorated desultory and prisms based on molded pillars.

Found in this church an engraved stone sealed in the side wall, between two crests half-erased, depicting a woman praying with two greyhounds at his feet.

This is the tombstone of a lady who lived in Gindreville 1298 Courpalet. On another wall, a list of priests serving the parish.

 



 

  • Walking

    ·      3 small hiking circuits exist on Montereau.
    ·      Discover our township and its countryside.
    ·      The cover of hikes is on sale at the reception of the Office of Tourism Lorris office.
    ·      For more information, you can also contact :

    COMITE DEPARTEMENTAL DU LOIRET
    8 rue Escures, 45000 ORLEANS
    Phone: 02 38 78 04 04 - Fax: 02 38 77 04 12

    Hiking cyclotouristic
    ·      4 hiking trails exist in the Canton of Lorris.
    ·      The forms can be collected from the Tourist Office of Lorris

    Hiking Equestrian
    ·      For those who love horse riding and nature, several possible routes will give you access to the Canton of Lorris in the vast forest of Orleans (massif de Lorris), area ponds and channel Orleans.
    ·      The Orléans Forest - Massif de Lorris route
    ·      From Ouzouer-sur-Loire to Lorris (2 days) 
    The third largest massif in the Orléans forest is a region closely associated with the history of the Resistance. It is also known as the home of the osprey, the “fish eagle”. For more information :

    COMITE DEPARTEMENTAL DE TOURISME EQUESTRE
    Tel. 02.38.84.67.60 or 06 10 28 22 60
    Email: cdte45@laposte.net

    Hitches rides goats
    Tow goats for children 3 to 12 years. Walks depart from the company at Les Thiaunes around rural roads or in the same property.
    For further information or reservations:
    Louail Joy - BoucMesCoeurs - The thiaunes - 45260 Montereau
    Tel. 06 27 02 12 26 - Email: boucmescoeurs@gmail.com