Oussoy

Properties and Remains :

Half of the territory of Oussoy fell in the Middle Ages, the Abbey of St -Benoît-sur-Loire, the other depended on various fiefs. In 1718, according to a document sent to Joly de Fleury, the bailiwick includes common Lorris Oussoy. In 1790, Oussoy had 870 inhabitants and 644 in 1793. Along the road to St -Hilaire are the remains of the medieval ground Motte des Prés still inhabited until 1870.

In the eighteenth century, this village was the diocese of Sens, the Stewardship Orleans, Election of Montargis. The cure had an income of 600 pounds. The abbot of St. Benoît had the right to appoint the priest. The justice of the country was the Lord Abbot of St. Benoît. Then this parish had 300 inhabitants.

In 1854, Abbot Bouloy, parish priest died, a victim of his zeal and dedication in providing day and night care for his patients, victims of the cholera epidemic. In 1869, there were 736 inhabitants in the village and four hamlets distant from April to June km.

There were three castles Oussoy : castles La Brière, of Courtigis and Ferrand . The latter was destroyed during the civil wars of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. In a pretty site, you can now admire the castle Courtigis, built on the site of the castle destroyed in the sixteenth century, in the middle of a large agricultural and forestry sector. 


The church, rebuilt in 1877 in the style of the thirteenth century shows no old character but contains sealed in one of its walls, inside, an interesting and ancient epitaph bearing the funerary inscription of the tomb of Guillaume Mauduit. The same location as the church stood before another novel whose outlines have been preserved style. The church is under the patronage of St. Pierre and Ste Croix

She is 19 meters long and 9 wide and could hold 300 people, it was built in 1681.

The only indication on the outside of the first Oussoy church is in a deed of 21 December 1681, which mentions the existence at the entrance of a tent or porch it will close a gate to prevent cattle entering "and they are accustomed to." The cemetery and rectory are at the church.


 

Walking

·      2 small hiking circuits exist on Oussoy.

·      Discover our township and its countryside.

·      The cover of hikes is on sale at the reception of the Office of Tourism Lorris office.

·      For more information, you can also contact :

COMITE DEPARTEMENTAL DU LOIRET

8 rue Escures, 45000 ORLEANS

Phone: 02 38 78 04 04 - Fax: 02 38 77 04 12

Hiking cyclotouristic

·      4 hiking trails exist in the Canton of Lorris.

·      The forms can be collected from the Tourist Office of Lorris

Hiking Equestrian

·      For those who love horse riding and nature, several possible routes will give you access to the Canton of Lorris in the vast forest of Orleans (massif de Lorris), area ponds and channel Orleans.

·      The Orléans Forest - Massif de Lorris route

·      From Ouzouer-sur-Loire to Lorris (2 days) 
The third largest massif in the Orléans forest is a region closely associated with the history of the Resistance. It is also known as the home of the osprey, the “fish eagle”. For more information :

COMITE DEPARTEMENTAL DE TOURISME EQUESTRE

Tel. 02.38.84.67.60 or 06 10 28 22 60

Email: cdte45@laposte.net

fantazi ic giyim